The NJSIAA has released it's 2019 cross country regulations. Below you can find links and listings for all the NJSIAA information you'll need this season. Keep on NJ MileSplit throughout the season for full coverage of the cross country action, the rest of August will see more in depth season previews.
- Seven athletes will be entered online, you are allowed up to seven changes on meet day but athletes must be on MileSplit team roster by the entry close day.
- Number of individual qualifiers from the Sectional to Group Championships is expanded from 10 to 15, medals are still only reserved for the top ten finishers.
- Random draw for pole positions at Sectionals will be used, Non-Public will have this done at the Group meet as well.
2019 Cross Country Major Dates
All NJSIAA meets are open for online registration. Enter seven individuals, you will be able to make up to seven changes the day of the meet provided the athletes are on the MileSplit team roster by entry date.
- Aug 12 - First Official Day of Practice
- Sep 6 - Opening Day
- Nov 9 - NJSIAA Sectionals
North 1 / North 2 / Central / South
- Nov 16 - NJSIAA Group Championships
- Nov 23 - NJSIAA Meet of Champions
- Nov 30 - Foot Locker Northeast Regional
- Nov 30 - NXR Northeast Regional
- Dec 7 - Nike Cross Nationals
- Dec 14 - Foot Locker CC Nationals
For the full 2019-2020 major dates schedule see here.
MileSplit Online Registration for NJSIAA Meets
Most will know the entry process by now but if you are new or need a refresher here are the some steps and tips.
- If you have already claimed your team while entering the NJSIAA meets you are all set and can continue to editing / managing your rosters after logging in.
- If you haven't claimed your team in the past go to the TEAMS page, find your team, claim it in the header. *Please provide a school email or another way for the State Editor to quickly verify your coaching connection with the school.*
- The State Editor will approve your claim as soon as possible..
Editing Team Rosters - Video Tutorial
- These MileSplit rosters are your rosters for years to come so it is important to maintain them.
- Once you have claimed your team and are approved, go to your team page and click on the Edit Team button located under the team name.
- There you should see a grey menu, click on Roster. You can edit in line by clicking the pencil icons.
- Please do not "delete" athletes by changing their name to someone else, every athlete has their own career stats profile that never disappears.
- *If you see misspellings click the name and make the correction.
- *If you see duplicate athletes report them to email@example.com for merging.
- *If an athlete does not have a graduation year please add it as it is required for entry.
- *The Cross and Track tags designate the rosters that will be available during online registration. Please make sure that athletes needed for the meet have the correct tags, they can have both without issue.
- If you need new athletes not listed then fill out the creation form to the right with their basic information.
- If there are graduated athletes on your roster, give them an appropriate graduation year to move to alumni.
Entering a Meet Online - Video Tutorial
- You should have already claimed your team and managed your roster.
- Click the NJ MileSplit site's calendar and find the NJSIAA State Meet Entry page.
- On the meet page you will see a green 'Register Online Now' button.
- From there you will enter your school and fill out the needed information.
- Make sure you check the correct divisions or else no events will show and you'll have to Edit Divisions Entered later on.
- After entering the divisions you will see all the events where you can enter the athletes.
- When finished click done to save.
- You can always go back and edit entries via the green Register Online Now button.