To close out any confusion with the scheduling harmony between the NJSIAA dates during the 2020 track and field seasons with major post-season meets we'd like to map out the schedule here.
There were big changes to the NJSIAA schedule and where it falls on the calendar this coming year but there are no conflicts with New Balance Nationals or Eastern States Championships.
Please see the listings below, we're just focusing on non-local post-season championship meets in close proximity to the NJSIAA dates.
- 2019 Cross Country Returners - Boys - Girls
- 2020 Indoor Returners - Boys - Girls
- 2020 Outdoor Returners - Boys - Girls
2019 Cross Country
- Sep 6 - Opening Day
- Nov 9 - NJSIAA Sectionals
- Nov 16 - NJSIAA Group Championships
- Nov 23 - NJSIAA Meet of Champions
- Nov 30 - Foot Locker Northeast Regional
- Nov 30 - NXR Northeast Regional
- Dec 7 - Nike Cross Nationals
- Dec 14 - Foot Locker CC Nationals
2020 Indoor Track and Field - Article
- Dec 20 - Opening Day
- Jan 15 to Jan 20 - NJSIAA State Relays (@ Bubble)
- Feb 14 to Feb 16 - NJSIAA Sectionals Groups 2 & 3 (@ Bubble)
- Feb 18 - Eastern States Championships (@ Armory)
- Feb 21 to Feb 23 - NJSIAA Sectionals Groups 1 & 4 (@ Bubble)
- Feb 28 to Feb 29 - NJSIAA Group Championships (@ Bubble)
- Mar 2 - NJSIAA Last Chance (200m, LJ, TJ Meet) (@ Bubble)
- Mar 8 - NJSIAA Meet of Champions (@ Ocean Breeze)
- Mar 13 - Mar 15 - New Balance Nationals Indoor (@ Armory)
2020 Outdoor Track and Field - Article
- Apr 1 - Opening Day
- May 26 to May 17 - NJSIAA Non-Public Sectionals
- May 29 to May 30 - NJSIAA Public Sectionals
- Jun 5 to Jun 6 - NJSIAA Group Championships
- Jun 13 - NJSIAA Meet of Champions
- Jun 18 to Jun 21 - New Balance Nationals Outdoor
Joe Lanzalotto, who works directly with the NSAF on New Balance Nationals for both Indoor and Outdoor reached out on the matter, "NBNO is always on Fathers Day weekend," and added, " We would never interfere with a state high school championship unless it was completely unavoidable. That has never happened so we cannot envision it happening going forward."