Some quick highlights of top finishers for New Jersey athletes competing at the Penn Relays, here are the day one notes and leaders.
New Jersey's Thursday Top Finishers
- Girls 3000m - Two NJSIAA 3200m Meet of Champions winners went head to head. Julia Trethaway of West Morris Central led NJ in sixth with her 9:41.39, Alexa Westley of Warren Hills eighth at 9:49.51.
- Girls 400H - Ridgewood senior Katherine Muccio comes through in eighth running 1:01.33 US#6.
- Girls 4x100m Prelims - The 4x100m prelims were led by Union Catholic ranked 19th overall running 47.84, Rancocas Valley just off that time 19th with a 47.91. They, along with 27th ranked Millville, advance to the Northeast and Tri-State finals.
- Girls 4x400m Prelims - Union Catholic girls advance to the Championship of America with the fourth fastest time of the day at 3:45.39,Khamil Evans (56.88), Chi Chi Nkulume (55.36), Sydney Tucker (57.16), Leena Morant (56.01). Rancocas Valley, 3:51.76, Winslow Twp, 3:56.91, and Paul VI, 3:58.16, go 1-2-3 in the SJ Large School races to qualify for the Philadelphia Area 4x400m.
- Girls 4x800m Prelims - Union Catholic ran third in the Small School race at 9:15.58 (Morgan Williams (2:18.71), Jerika Lufrano (2:18.29), Ashleigh Patterson (2:20.71), Leena Morant (2:17.88)), Haddonfield Memorial just five second behind in fifth at 9:20.33. Both advance to the Championship of America.
- Girls Distance Medley - Ridgewood led NJ in eighth running 11:54.22, Cassie Keyes (3:41.32), Katherine Muccio (56.79), Virginia Morley (2:21.77), Camryn Wennersten (4:54.35). Voorhees 10th at 12:05.81.
- Girls Discus - Abigail Nonnenberg of Wall HS finished 11th overall throwing 128-01.
- Girls High Jump - Timber Creek junior Tierra Hooker cleared 5-08.75 to finished third overall. The Lawrenceville School's Amy Aririguzoh placed 13th over the 5-05.75 bar.
- Girls Javelin - Brielle Smith of Oakcrest threw 150-07 for third, Glen Rock's Karina Roze 141-02 for fourth, Alianna Eucker a sophomore from Bergen County Tech 137-06 for fifth to lead the way for NJ.
- Girls Long Jump - Paramus Catholic's Isabelle Dely was our top finisher in ninth hitting a mark of 17-07. Freshman Leah Ellis of Millville 11th with 16-09.75. Nakaja Weaver of North Brunswick, who won the indoor MOCs Showcase was 13th at 16-08.75.
- Girls Pole Vault - Caroline Dannenbaum of Pingry School finished fourth clearing 12-03.5, she leads the state off that height.
- Girls Shot Put - Cydney Thomas of Haddon Heights finished sixth overall throwing 43-04, just an inch off her PR.
- Girls Triple Jump - Claudine Smith of Atlantic City went 38-11 for eighth, Tiffany Bautista of Paramus Catholic 10th with 37-10, Kittatinny's Kaylee Stenderowicz 12th at 37-08.5.