- 2017 Shore Coaches Meet Page
- Meet Information - Schedule, Map, Parking
- Race Assignments - Boys | Girls
- Holmdel Park 2016 Returners - Boys | Girls
Here are some notes to keep an eye out for during tomorrows meet.
- Devin Hart of Pt Pleasant Boro, the preseason favorite for New Jersey's state title after his monster of an outdoor season last spring, returns to the state course looking to drop a major time. His course best at Holmdel is 15:58, and this could be another sub-16 run for him. Look for him in the Varsity E race.
- If we can hold on to some nice weather for once at this meet.. Damien Dilcher of Brick Twp, Chris Romero of Voorhees, Ray Sellaro of North Hunterdon, Teddy Meredith of Hopewell Valley, Will Hare of Princeton and Ronald Kigen of St. Benedict's Prep are all potential sub-16s as well with five starting their seasons very strong (this is an opener for Meredith). Now a senior Romero last ran under 16 minutes as a sophomore at MOCs in 2015. Sellaro and Kigen already had a great battle back on opening day at the Randolph Invitational where Sellaro took it at the line.
- NJ#1 Christian Brothers Academy isn't running all of their top dogs but look for their up and comers to still make some noise on Saturday out of the Varsity A race. The Colts had a strong showing at Bowdoin and just finished out their dual season by extending their long standing win streak to 357! Also in that A race is NJ#7 Mendham and NJ#8 WWPSouth which could play into the poll voting.
- NJ#2 Ranked Haddonfield Memorial is coming off a great run at Bowdoin as well as celebrating their 200th straight dual meet victory. They run in the Varsity E race and despite being the only top ten team in the race I'm excited to see how they match up overall in the merge.
- Defending Meet of Champions winner NJ#4 Princeton HS is running the Varsity C race. Senior Will Hare is their number one, he led the team at Bowdoin two weeks ago with a 16:25 victory in the Varsity 2 race. They still won't be debuting Acasio Pinheiro who is away competing in North Carolina at Great American this weekend, but they'll have a solid squad nonetheless.
- Other top ten team action of note: NJ#3 Kingsway and NJ#5 North Hunterdon are lined up in the Varsity B. This is a chance for both teams to show they belong up top in the poll rankings.
- Ocean Twp, Delsea, and Voorhees are all in action as well between the Varsity C and D. Ocean coming off a meet leading team performance at the Thompson Park Class Meet two weeks ago.
- Top Returning Times from 2016's Meet - The top of the list from last year at this meet is Justin Cornetta who posted the sixth fastest time of the meet merge at 16:02. Due to injury we haven't seen the Hunterdon Central senior since January when he won the Skyland Conference 1600m running 4:23.
Top Ten Teams in Action by Race - NJ State Rankings Poll
- Varsity A: NJ#1 CBA, NJ#7 Mendham, NJ#8 West Windsor Plainsboro South
- Varsity B: NJ#3 Kingsway, NJ#5 North Hunterdon
- Varsity C: NJ#4 Princeton, NJ#9 Ocean Twp, NJ#10 Delsea
- Varsity D: NJ#6 Voorhees
- Varsity E: NJ#2 Haddonfield