(Above photo of Sydney McLaughlin by RunningWorksPics)
Group State Championships are here! Time to look at items and athletes to watch from each championship this Friday and Saturday. Good luck to everyone competing this weekend and for those who can't make it to cheer on the athletes we will be LIVE streaming all the races from both locations!
Keep hitting next to move from one slide to another. Or you can jump with these links to your desired Group preview.
Groups 1, 4, NPA - Egg Harbor
WATCH RACES LIVE HERE!
Order of Events
5. Katie Lacapria of Middlesex found herself ahead of the Group 1 sectionals merge in two events. She won the 800 meter over a decorated Rachel Suss running 2:15.23, that was 10th among all the sectional times combined. She also led the Group 1 field in the 400 meter which she won with a time of 57.50.
4. Jillian Turner making her case. The New Providence senior leads the 1600 meter, 5:01.64, and 3200 meter, 11:25.15, out of sectionals for Group 1. She also had the fourth fastest group 1 800 meter time last weekend with 2:18.98. She'll have to battle against the likes of Rachel Suss and Katie Lacapria this week.
3. Weequahic star James Jean wins four events heading into Groups. Jean laid down a 14.37 (-0.8) in the 110 hurdles at sectionals, 22.11 in the 200 meter, 49.37 in the 400 meter, and 54.36 in the 400 hurdles. In the Group 1 sectionals merge those times had him first in all but one event out of those four, Jason Stefanski of Penns Grove just edged him in the 110 hurdles running 14.34.
2. State leader Jonathan Taylor all set in the 100 meter dash. Taylor led the sectional merge and the state after his 10.55 last weekend. The Salem junior had a previous best of 10.64 from this season when he won Salem County Championships. In fact he is undefeated in this event for 2016.
(Photo above by RunningWorksPics)
1. Kaitlin Salisbury of Hawthorne leads the Group 1 sectionals merge in FOUR events. She dominated the 100 meter (11.99) and 200 meter (25.00) and complimented that with her jumps of 19-1.25 in the long jump and 38-11.25 in the triple. She is the state leader in the long jump with her 20-0 from Passaic County Championships on May 11th.