Malone / CBA become #2's ATor
On Friday afternoon /evening Pascack Valley junior Ben Malone became the #2 AT High Schooler at the 1000m when he triumphed in 2:23.56. In a bizarre race that saw 4 DQs for lane violations, Malone came away with the win and a time that has only been bettered by another son of Jersey, Robbie Andrews. Andrews, runnning for Manalapan HS went 2:22.28 as a senior in 2009. The talented junior ran a very quick 1:51.8 on the anchor for the then #1 SMR mark at the Bergen Co. Relays last week, showing a level of fitness and a definate portent of big things to come.
In the Girls 1000m also held on Friday, the Red Bank Catholic duo of Liana Marzano (8th / 2:53.51) and Lindsey Bellaran (11th / 2:59.72) give the Casey's the top 2 marks for that dsistance in NJ this year.
Back at the New Balance Collegiate Invitational this afternoon, Christian Brothers Academy (Lincroft) ran a sizzling 7:41.53 in the HS 4x800m Relay. The Colts ran virtually alone for most of the race and established the #2 All Time mark for the event and ion the process broke the New Jersey State record, formerly held by Morris Hills (7:43.91) in 2009. Only Albemarle (Va.) has run faster at 7:36.99, also in 2009.
Splits for the Colt foursome were
* 1:54.5 - Clark Mangini (Jr.)
* 1:56.4 - Kevin Olsen (Sr)
* 1:55.7- Tim Gorman (Sr)
* 1:54.9- George Kelly (Sr)
In other action involving Jersey Athletes;
* The Girls 4x800 was a terific race also as Lenape ran down Mount St. Dominic Academy with a 9:09.71for 2nd overall. Lenape's Emmy Duffy brought the Indians home with a 2:10.8 anchor and nipped MSDA's Ashlyn Fields at the line. Fields, who fought hard to hold Duffy off ran a great 2:15.5.
* Myasia Jacobs (Paramus Catholic) takes 5th in the 300m with a 39.28 effort
* Najee Glass of St. Peters Prep goes 1:20.47 in the 600m,running 1:20.47, good for 5th.
* In the Girls 600m, Snyder's Kali Kendall, who is quietly having quite a season gets 3rd. Her time was 1:35.95.05
* With a quick (21.3) anchor from Fabian Santiago, Oakcrest gets silver, running 1:29 in the 4x200m Relay.