Here are the New Jersey MileSplit honorees for week 8 performances! Now it is your turn to vote for athlete of the week between them. Great work by all 16 of these athletes!
Last weeks Winners:
Collin Boler of Delbarton won the boys poll with 41% of the vote after he finished first in the mile in 4:06.71, the 7th fastest time in NJ history, at the Trials of Miles. With 59% of the votes Adannia Agbo of Morris Hills won the girls poll, in week 7 she soared to a NJ No. 1 19-1.50 to win the long jump, won the triple jump with a 37-11.75, and placed fourth at the Morris County Championships.
- Week 8 Results
- Videos: GMC Championships
- Videos: Olympic Conference Championships
- Videos: Union County Championships
- Videos: Haddonfield Distance Night
- Videos: Shore Conference Championships
- Photos: GMC Championships
- Photos: Olympic Conference Championships
- Photos: Haddonfield Distance Night
- All Recent Video Albums
- All Recent Photo Albums
Polls close Friday at 10pm!
Boys Nominees Highlights
- Jimmy Wischusen of Union Catholic won the 1,600 in 4:15.11 and the 3,200 in a meet record 9:01.05 at the Union County Championships
- Brian O'Sullivan of Hillsborough soared a Somerset County record 16-6.50, which is No. 2 in state outdoor history, when he won the pole vault at the Skyland Conference Championships
- Cameren Anderson of Franklin won the shot put with a PR of 53-11,finished first in the javelin with a PR of 157-10, and won the discus with a throw of 152-4 at the Skyland Conference Championships
- Damarion Potts of South Brunswick leaped a NJ No. 1 23-9 to win the long jump, a NJ No. 2 46-10.25 to win the triple jump, and cleared 6-6 to win the high jump at the GMC Championships.
- Rabae Smith of Linden finished first in the high jump (6-4) and the 400 (49.03) and anchored the winning 4x400 at the Union County Championships
- Fabian Gonzalez of Southern Regional won the shot put with a throw of 61-11 and the discus with a 191-10 at the Crusader Classic at Delsea
- Christian Mercado of Wayne Valley broke the meet record in the triple jump with a 44-11.50, finished first in the long jump with a 22-4, and was second in the high jump by clearing 6-0 at the Passaic County Championships
- Jacob Kiyler of Toms River North won the 110 hurdles in 13.98 and the 400 in 49.22, and placed second in the 100 dash (11.01) and third in the 200 in 22.39 at the Shore Conference Championships
Girls Nominees Highlights
- Taylor Cox of Union Catholic ran NJ No. 1 times of 11.80 in the 100 dash and 13.56 in the 100 hurdles to break both meet records at the Union County Championships
- Olivia Nickelsen of Toms River North won the 100 dash in 12.20, the 200 in 25.21, and the 400 in 56.14 at the Shore Conference Championships
- Jessica Abbott of Toms River North won the 1,600 in 4:59.29 and the 3,200 in 10:47.16 at the Shore Conference Championships
- Julia Scrudato of Montgomery won the 1,600 with a NJ No. 1 time of 4:57.28 and the 3,200 in 10:52.05 at the Skyland Conference Championships.
- Emma Keating of Pompton Lakes cleared 11-6 to win her second straight pole vault title, and ran 15.74 to win the 100 hurdles at the Passaic County Championships
- Cynthia Boakye of Elizabeth ran a NJ 1 time of 23.98 to win the 200 and was third in the 100 dash in 12.03 (11.98 in the trials) at the Union County Championships
- Brooke'Lyn Drakeford of Piscataway won the 400 hurdles with a NJ No. 2 time of 1:02.03, and finished first in the 200 (24.72) and the 100 hurdles in a NJ No. 3 14.45
- Shannon Harnett of Lakeland won the triple jump with a 37-0, finished first in the high jump by clearing 5-6, and placed second in the long jump with a 16-4 at the Passaic County Championships