Langon, a junior at Bridgewater-Raritan, took over the state lead this season with a big PR of 4:14.26 to capture the boys race. And Carlson, a senior at North Hunterdon, dropped a NJ #2 4:55.42 to cross first in the girls race.
In the boys race, Langon's split 1:02.826, 2:07.602, 3:12.600, and ran the final 400 in 1:01.651 on his way to a five second victory over Brian Pedretti of North Hunterdon, second with a PR of 4:19.94. Langon's previous PR was the 4:17.11 that he ran two weeks ago at the Somerset County Relays. Pedretti's 4:16.94 betters the previous PR of 4:19.96 that he ran at the Ridge Day Of Middle Distance in March.
On the girls side, the Rutgers-bound Carlson, the North Jersey, Sec. 2 Group 4 champ in XC last fall, split 1:10.816, 2:26.766, 3:44.36, and covered the final 400 in 1:11.051 on her way to a 10-second victory over Montgomery junior Caroline Mehlhorn (5:05.48). Carlson's previous best was 5:00.25, which she ran to win the mile at the Blue Devil Classic last Saturday in Westfield.
- Mendham junior Melissa Aymil won both the discus (101-9) and the shot put (37-0.50)
- Bucknell-bound Katherine Loew of Hunterdon Central ran a NJ#6 58.05 to win the girls 400
- Sophomore Lauren Cashman of Montgomery cleared 10-6 to win the girls pole vault
- The O'Sullivan brothers from Hillsborough, Brian and Kevin, each cleared 13-0 in the boys pole vault. Brian, a sophomore, won on misses.
- Montgomery senior Adam Hassanin won the boys discus with a PR of 141-0
- The Montgomery boys captured the 4x100 in a NJ #7 43.86
- Anthony Helmstetter, a senior at Montgomery, launched a new PR of 47-10.50 to win the shot put.
- Hunterdon Central junior Elisha Bugasch ran 51.05 to win 51.05 to cross the line first in the boys 400