Salute To Seniors is a medium for "senior farewells". With so many seniors leaving the high school ranks we wanted to give everyone a chance to salute them one more time. As well as to invite those seniors to tell their stories from the past four years. We will begin posting responses after the NJSIAA Meet of Champions and continue through July.
*Thank you to everyone who submitted, Salute to Seniors is now closed*
There are a few options for how you submit a senior farewell..
- Answer the questions below in Q&A format.
- Create your own farewell such as a letter to the sport or even utilizing the questions in a longer written format.
- Another creative media piece, can be a video or something else. If you choose this please let us know your plans ahead of time so we can discuss further. Don't want you to create something then not be able to post it due to rights issues with music or specific meets.
Email your responses along with some pictures (with photographer names and permissible use) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please title the email Salute to Seniors: (name). Pictures preferably linked directly from MileSplit or ones that we have permission to use from the photographer. Please let us know which pictures belong to which photographer.
If you are a New Jersey high school senior cross county / track and field athlete feel free to participate. If there is a question you don't want to answer then don't sweat it and just answer what you'd like.
We are also open to more unique subjects if there is something else you'd like to cover. Remember to keep answers appropriate for publishing.
- What was your most memorable race/throw/jump/vault/moment?
- Who would you consider your biggest competition over your four years?
- What was your greatest accomplishment?
- If you could do it all over again what would you change about your running or field career in high school?
- What were the most difficult obstacles you had to overcome?
- What will you miss the most?
- What advice would you give to younger athletes?
- What influence has your coach had with respect to your performance and overall life goals?
- What are your post-high school or college plans?
- Who would you like to say 'thank you' to?
- Is there anything else you'd like to add?