Here's a quick inside look at many of the runners in the seeded heats
- Liam Murphy of Allentown - the junior ran 8:54.22 to win the NJ indoor Meet of Champions title last month and was a finalist at Foot Locker XC Nationals.
- Jack Stanley of Mendham - the Princeton University bound Stanley won the Foot Locker Notheast Regional XC title last November and was the only runner in the country to earn All-American at both the Nike and Foot Locker XC Nationals in December. He owns PR's of 9:12.54/4:12.64 and is a mutiple state Group 3 champ.
- Connor Nisbet of Wilmington Friends - the Princeton University bound star has a 3,200 PR of 9:00.75 and has run 4:12.21 for 1,600. A FL XC finalist this past December, Nisbet is chasing the Delaware state record of 9:00.61, set in 2012 by Sam Parsons of Tatnall at the Arcadia Invite.
- Jack Jennings of Mendham - he ran a PR of 9:16.15 as a sophomore last spring to place fifth at the Meet of Champions and has a 1,600 PR of 4:18.79 and went 15:52 at Holmdel Park.
- The Christian Brothers quartet of Tim McInerney, Shaw Powell, Troy Hill and Luke Reid, Martin Riddell and Greg Eisenhower of Haddonfield, Ethan Wechsler of Cherokee, Vedang Lad and Luke Johnson of West Windsor-Plainsboro North, are all committed as well.
- Lad ran 9:11.68 when he was fourth in the 3,200 at the Meet of Champions last spring.
- Johnson ran 9:30.12 for 3,200 as a sophomore last year at the Holmdel Twilight meet
- Wechsler won the State Group 4 XC title last November and ran a 3,200 PR of 9:21.02 to place 6th at the Meet of Champions last month.
- McInerney, who is headed to Georgetown, has a 3,200 PR of 9:20.91, ran 4:10.37 when he was second at the Meet of Champions last June, and has won multiple state Non-Public A titles.
- Powell won the state Non-Public A XC title this past November, and ran 8:39.06 for 3,000 and 9:20.95 for 3,200 as a sophomore last spring.
- Hill has run 9:22.67 for 3,200 and 4:21.74 for 1,600
- Reid has a 3,200 PR of 9:24.55
- Riddell owns a 9:18.81 3,200 PR from when he placed 5th at the Meet of Champions last month
- Eisenhower ran a 3,200 PR of 9:30.88 last spring and has run 16:10 at Holmdel
- Sean Dolan of Hopwell Valley-the Villanova-bound stud and NBN mile champion has a mile PR of 4:08.86
- Jared Cooper of Mountain Lakes-state champ on the track has run 9:18.88 for 3,200
- John McGovern of Somerville-has a 3,200 PR of 9:28.44, ran 16:01 to place 7th at the XC M of C and qualified for Nike XC Nationals by placing 4th in the NE Regional.
- Connor Melko of Bishop Eustace-state Non-Public A XC champ and indoor state track champ
- Sameer Das of West Windsor South, third at the M of C last spring in the 3,200 in 9:09.38
- Kevin Antczak of Mainland-was fourth in the 3,200 at the Indoor Meet of Champions in 9:18.59
- Stephen Daly of Delbarton-owns a 3,200 PR of 9:24.66
- Austin Gabay of Cinnaminson-Ran 16:10 at Holmdel this past XC season
- Stone Caraccio of Kingsway -own a 3,200 PR of 9:28.50
- Chris Spisak of Cherokee-has run 9:27.87 for 3,200
- Benedictus Bago of Snyder-owns a 3,200 PR of 9:27.33
- Reyden Davies of East Brunswick-Was third in the Group 4 XC race in
- Alexa Westley-the Wisconsin-bound star has a 3,200 PR of 10:30.06, won the last two M of C outdoor titles in the 3,200, and won the Nike Northeast Regional XC title last fall.
- Delia Russo of Colts Neck-ran 18:44 at Holmdel last XC season and has a 3,200 PR of 11:11.98
- Corina Vidal of Henry Hudson-state Group 1 XC champ ran 18:56 at Holmdel Park
- Natalie Shapiro of Colts Neck-owns a 3,200 PR of 11:10.04
- Emily Levonas of Holmdel - owns a 3,200 PR of 10:46.99
- Nikhila Obbineni of South Brunswick-the GMC XC champ ran 19:27 at Holmdel Park
- Katy Storti of Bishop Eustace-has run 10:57.95 for 3,200
Like I've said before, if you really are a true fan of NJ track and field, you won't miss this meet!
GET UR HOLMDEL TWILIGHT ON!!!!
GET UR 3,200 PR'S ON!!!
GET UR NJ TRACK AND FIELD ON!!!
GET UR MAY 3RD ON!!!!!