An update through July 6th for New Jersey's potential and confirmed Olympians! This article features two pages, one recapping the recent action and another with the remaining schedule and what to look for heading into tonight.
What to Look For - Quick Look
- 400 Hurdles - Sydney McLaughlin (Union Catholic '17) aims to make the Olympics at the age of 16 in the women's 400 meter hurdles. Justin Gaymon (Phillipsburg '05) and Taylor McLaughlin (Union Catholic '15) are competing in the men's hurdles.
- 1500 Meter - Robby Andrews (Manalapan '09), Ford Palmer (Absegami '09), and Erin Donohue (Haddonfield '01) will take on the preliminary rounds Thursday night.
- 5,000 Meter - Marielle Hall (Haddonfield '10) and Sarah Pagano (Immaculate Heart '09) will compete in the 5K. Hall is already qualified in the 10K fom earlier in the trials.
- Steeplechase - Ashley Higginson (Colts Neck '07), Craig Forys (Colts Neck '07), and Travis Mahoney (Old Bridge 08) all advanced in the steeple to finals.
- Triple Jump - As covered in the recap portion, Keturah Orji (Mount Olive '14) and Christina Epps (Morristown '09) have advanced to the triple jump finals. Orji is the american record holder in the event at 47-8, which she hit in early June at NCAAs.
- Shot Put - Monique Riddick (Bishop Ahr '07) and Jessica Woodard (Cherokee '13) will be throwing in the shot.
- Discus - Sam Mattis (East Brunswick '12) and James Plummer (Egg Harbor Twp '13) will be in the qualifying discus round tonight.
- If we missed any NJ athletes coming up in competition let us know.
|Day 7 - Thursday, July 7, 2016|
|11:00 a.m.||Shot Put||Women||Qualifying|
|3:30 p.m.||Javelin Throw||Women||Qualifying|
|4:20 p.m.||5000m||Women||1st Round|
|4:45 p.m.||Triple Jump||Men||Qualifying|
|5:02 p.m.||100m Hurdles||Women||1st Round|
|5:30 p.m.||200m ||Men||1st Round|
|5:58 p.m.||400m Hurdles||Women||1st Round|
|6:00 p.m.||Discus Throw||Men||Qualifying|
|6:15 p.m.||Shot Put||Women||Final|
|6:26 p.m.||1500m||Women||1st Round|
|6:30 p.m.||Triple Jump||Women||Final|
|6:53 p.m.||400m Hurdles||Men||1st Round|
|7:21 p.m.||1500m||Men||1st Round|
|7:48 p.m.||3000m Steeplechase||Women||Final|
|Day 8 - Friday, July 8, 2016|
|3:00 p.m.||Pole Vault||Women||Qualifying|
|3:02 p.m.||110m Hurdles||Men||1st Round|
|3:30 p.m.||200m||Women||1st Round|
|3:30 p.m.||Discus Throw||Men||Final|
|3:58 p.m.||100m Hurdles||Women||Semi-Finals|
|4:00 p.m.||High Jump||Men||Qualifying|
|4:47 p.m.||400m Hurdles||Men||Semi-Finals|
|5:23 p.m.||3000m Steeplechase||Men||Final|
|5:37 p.m. ||200m ||Men||Semi-Finals|
|5:54 p.m.||100m Hurdles||Women||Final|
|Day 9 - Saturday, July 9, 2016|
|12:30 p.m.||100m Hurdles||Women||Heptathlon|
|1:30 p.m.||High Jump||Women||Heptathlon|
|3:30 p.m.||Shot Put||Women||Heptathlon|
|4:15 p.m.||Triple Jump||Men||Final|
|4:25 p.m.||110m Hurdles||Men||Semi-Finals|
|5:42 p.m.||200m ||Men||Final|
|5:52 p.m.||110m Hurdles||Men||Final|
|Day 10 - Sunday, July 10, 2016|
|1:45 p.m.||Long Jump||Women||Heptathlon|
|2:30 p.m.||Pole Vault||Women||Final|
|2:45 p.m.||Javelin Throw||Women||Heptathlon|
|3:00 p.m.||High Jump ||Men||Final|
|4:03 p.m.||400m Hurdles||Women||Final|
|4:51 p.m.||400m Hurdles||Men||Final|