Great talent and good conditions added up to some red hot performances as a parade of personal best times charged across the line at the Ridge Day of Middle Distance Invitational on Saturday in Basking Ridge.
The boys 1600m was straight fire!!
Check this out!
Ridge junior star Jackson Barna led six runners under 4:20 with a winning time of 4:14.29, a personal best by nearly eight seconds!!! The other five sub 4:20 guys in the race also ran big personal bests!
LaSalle-bound James Ptack of Immaculata was second in 4:17.23, a seven second PR. Rodolfo Sanchez of St. Peter's Prep placed third in 4:17.77, Will Pinto of Ridge was fourth in 4:18.38, Georgetown-bound Nick Medeiros of Old Bridge, who won the 1,000m at the Adidas Nationals last month, took fifth in 4:19.65, and Boston College-bound Brian Pedretti of North Hunterdon placed sixth in 4:19.96!
Want more PR's??
Ok! Here ya go!
- In the girls 800m, Ridge went 1-2-3 with junior Maura Medenilla ripping a nine second PR with her first-place time of 2:19.01!!! Richmond-bound Morgan Lyons was second in 2:20.01, and junior Grace LaCapra took third in 2:22.09.
- The boys 400m also produced a career best time from Watchung Hills senior Ryan Ditty, who shaved more than a second off his previous best with a winning time of 50.95.
- Ridge also went 1-2 in the boys 800m with senior Luke Roberts running 1:56.64, just off his PR of 1:56.20, and junior James Kisker ran a PR of 1:57.06 to take second.
- Bucknell-bound Katherine Loew of Hunterdon Central didn't quite PR, but still ran a swift 58.07 to win the girls 400m. Loew's PR of 57.66 came when she placed seventh at the indoor Meet of Champions last March.
- Caroline Mehlhorn of Montgomery won the girls 1600m in 5:03.38, just missing her PR of 5:03.01. St. Rose sophomore Tilly O'Connor was second in 5:05.56, a six second PR.
- In the lone field event, Hunterdon Central junior Noreen Hussain won with a PR of 35-4.75