A post-season meet at Holmdel Park has been announced for Wednesday, November 25th. While this will be a club and unattached event, the Sectional Championships will play a role in the selection process for the meet.
The aptly named Holmdel Invitational, created in partnership by Paul Schwartz, Brian Rodak, and Jacob Brown, looks to provide a championship atmosphere for New Jersey's very best at the state's premiere cross country course.
Full meet coverage will be provided by NJ MileSplit including previews, interviews, multi-view race videos, photos, and more.
Updated 11/11 - 3pm
A wild card option has been added to the Selection process for top teams and athletes who miss Sectionals due to a quarantine period.
- Wednesday November 25th, girls at 3pm, boys at 3:30pm
- The meet will consist of eight to 10 teams and 10 to 15 individuals.
- No spectators are allowed for the meet, masks mandatory for officials, coaches, volunteers, managers, and athletes when not running.
- Teams will not be allowed to enter the park before 2:15pm and must depart by 4:15pm.
- Teams cannot represent their high schools but will run as a club team and individuals unattached.
- All athletes invited must have been part of a high school team for the 2020 fall season.
- Must be consistency among teams as to uniforms.
- There will be no medals or trophies awarded.
- Entry fee, $150 per team and $25 per individual. No school vouchers will be accepted as this is not an NJSIAA sanctioned event this is club and unattached based only.
The meet will be club based and not associated with the NJSIAA high schools. However the selection process is running through the Sectional Championship meets. Information subject to change as restrictions require.
A wild card system has been added for teams and individuals who may have to miss Sectionals due to a quarantine period.
- Final Invitee Team Numbers: 8 teams will come from Sectionals alone, 2 will be open to teams who missed Sectionals due to a quarantine period and put together a strong body of work this fall.
- Final Invitee Individual Numbers: 10 individuals will come from Sectionals alone, 5 will be open to individuals who missed Sectionals due to a quarantine period and put together a strong body of work this fall.
- Teams: By location merge, the top six teams in each of the four public school sectionals and top three teams in each non-public section will be considered in a pool for invitations.
- Individuals: By location merge, the top 50 individuals in each of the four public school sections and the top 25 individuals in each non-public school section will be considered in a pool for invitations.
- From those pools a selection committee will choose the teams and individuals for invitation.
- Initial Pool: The initial pool of teams and individuals will be posted by Monday November 16th at 6pm. If teams and individuals do not wish to be considered for acceptance they are asked to withdraw by Tuesday November 17th at 6pm.
- Invited Athletes: On Thursday November 19th at 6pm all invitees will be posted and notified. Acceptance must be made by Saturday November 21st at 2pm so alternates may be selected.
- Once acceptance is made the teams and individuals will be responsible for entry fee.