Recording courtesy of Andrew Cusick and Sean McCafferty.
Continuing the virtual coaching tour last week was Christian Brothers Academy's Andrew Cusick. A successful throws coach and a big proponent for a strong team culture he dives into some of his own hard learned lessons, practices, and philosophies.
Cusick also wrote a MileSplit article in 2018 on how to elevate young athletes, which may be of interest to viewers looking into team culture. Cusick had three athletes ranked top 50 for the shot put in New Jersey this past indoor season and two in the top 15.
The presentation runs about an hour and ten minutes and you can check out Cusick's notes to follow along linked below. If you missed the first episode of the series it was started off by Sean McCafferty with an XC Talk session going over their training philosophies.
- Andrew Cusick's Team Culture Presentation Notes
- Watch Episode 1: XC Talk by Sean McCafferty
- Signup For The Distance Training Session on Monday
Next Clinic On Distance Training
This coming Monday there will be another session this time focused on distance training. Very successful coaches from New Jersey schools and beyond have been confirmed for the lineup.
Coaches Confirmed For Next Presentation
- Danny Brennan - Bishop Hendricken High School - RI
- Brian Gould - West Windsor North - NJ
- Travis Mahoney - Old Bridge High School and NJ/NY
- Tim Mooney - Ridge High School - NJ
- Jim Schlentiz - Colts Neck High School -NJ
- Keneth Skelly - La Salle Academy - RI
- Chris Tafelski - Westfield High School -NJ
Steve Dolan - University of Pennsylvania