2012 Shore Coaches XC Invitational 2012
10/04/2012 4:26:25 PM
User
Why no Hillsborough in virtual Girls Varsity A race??
Why no Hillsborough in virtual Girls Varsity A race??
10/05/2012 10:13:19 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@sushi_boy They have not run a 5k invitational yet and I have not gotten results for any of the Skylands dual /batch meets. Pat
@sushi_boy
They have not run a 5k invitational yet and I have not gotten results for any of the Skylands dual /batch meets.

Pat
10/06/2012 7:01:34 AM
User
Love the virtual meet tool. After shore coaches will you be able add different courses run for different teams? Ex Lenape,Seneca,oc,&haddonfield girls from homldel? Or will it default to best 5k time? Either way its neat. Thank you Pat for adding a new feature and supporting XC
Love the virtual meet tool. After shore coaches will you be able add different courses run for different teams?

Ex Lenape,Seneca,oc,&haddonfield girls from homldel? Or will it default to best 5k time?

Either way its neat.

Thank you Pat for adding a new feature and supporting XC
10/06/2012 7:22:48 AM
User
SUBSCRIBER
I think the virtual meet tool is great too. I think it's been around for at least two previous years. The shortfall I see with it is for JV. While we all want to see who the best will be (that is who is where in the varsity races), there probably are twice as many kids who run JV and therefore twice as many interested JV parents and so twice as many "JV interested" milesplit users. However I don't think there is a way to run virtual meets for JV results. One would have to take the full results, copy and paste them into a spreadsheet and manually delete the top 7 from every team in the spreadsheet and then tally up the points for the remaining kids by team. I've done it but it is tedious and time consuming. Unfortunately, I don't think there is an easy "fix" for this because it would require an adjustment to the database which is probably huge and linked nationally. For Freshman, the 3,200 distance can be used rather than 5,000, of course, and the virtual meet results are reasonable.
I think the virtual meet tool is great too. I think it's been around for at least two previous years.

The shortfall I see with it is for JV. While we all want to see who the best will be (that is who is where in the varsity races), there probably are twice as many kids who run JV and therefore twice as many interested JV parents and so twice as many "JV interested" milesplit users. However I don't think there is a way to run virtual meets for JV results. One would have to take the full results, copy and paste them into a spreadsheet and manually delete the top 7 from every team in the spreadsheet and then tally up the points for the remaining kids by team. I've done it but it is tedious and time consuming. Unfortunately, I don't think there is an easy "fix" for this because it would require an adjustment to the database which is probably huge and linked nationally.

For Freshman, the 3,200 distance can be used rather than 5,000, of course, and the virtual meet results are reasonable.
10/06/2012 10:54:51 AM
User
Can you do a virtual meet for the championship race?
Can you do a virtual meet for the championship race?
10/06/2012 1:14:24 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@susanrickert I will be doing Merged results for * Varsity (Incl. Championship) * JV * Frosh Yest, it is virtually (no pun intended) impossible to sort JV performances from Varsity performances. A lot of kids move back and forth between the 2 squads during the course of the season. Thanks Pat
@susanrickert
I will be doing Merged results for
* Varsity (Incl. Championship)

* JV

* Frosh

Yest, it is virtually (no pun intended) impossible to sort JV performances from Varsity performances. A lot of kids move back and forth between the 2 squads during the course of the season.

Thanks
Pat

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.