Here are New Jersey MileSplit's "Teams" of the week, where we select eight cross country runners to honor for their previous week's performances. Now it is for you to decide the overall athlete of the week!
Polls close Friday at 3pm ET. In the future this article will aim to release earlier in the week on a Monday or Tuesday.
NJ MileSplit Teams of the Week
Polls close Friday at 3:00pm ET
- Peyton Shute of Woodbury ran 9:26.13 to win the Senior Division race at the Cherokee Challenge.
- Alex Pelov of Montville placed third in 16:05.32 at the Trials of Miles meet in Sayreville
- Huckleberry Oakes of Point Pleasant Boro ran 10:11.27 to win the Senior Division race at the Thompson Park 2-miler
- Luke Pash of Ridgewood placed second in 16:09.30 at the Briarwood Invitational
- Ben Connell of Bernards ran 15:35 to win the Fastest Four race at the Roxbury Invitational.
- Aidan Morrow of Hasbrouck Heights ran 16:19 to cross the line first in the Pod 1 race at the Season Opener at Darlington Park
- Tyler Husar of Montgomery won the Blue Race in 16:52 at the PTXC 14 Invitational at Kutztown
- Joshua Tejada of Teaneck ran 16:25 to win the Pod 2 race at the Season Opener at Darlington Park
- Jessica Abbott of Toms River North ran 11:08.84 to win the Sophomore Division at the Cherokee Challenge
- Zui Chinchalkar of West Windsor North won the Junior Division race at the Thompson Park 2-miler in 12:07.21.
- Ivy Slavinski of Point Pleasant Boro ran 11:54.24 to win the Sophomore Division at the Thompson Park 2-miler
- Paige Sheppard of Union Catholic ran 17:53 to win at the Trials of Miles meet in Sayreville
- Delana Einreinhofer of Wallkilll Valley ran 18:51 to win the Fastest Four race at the Roxbury Invitational
- Christina Allen of River Dell ran 19:11 to finish first in the Pod 1 race at the Season Opener at Darlington Park
- Gillian Lovett of Mainland won the Senior Division race in 11:38.42. at the Cherokee Challenge
- Maeve Smith of Ocean City ran 11:41.62 to place third in the Junior Division race at the Cherokee Challenge