Local coaches associations and county championships, effecting all sports in those areas, have begun canceling or postponing fall competition. While not all have specifically stated a later date, most have stated flexibility or postponement should the cross country season take a new form later in the school year.
These decisions come partly due to the compressed fall season because of COVID-19, the NJSIAA has delayed the start until October 1st and regular season ends November 13th before NJSIAA Sectional Championships.
If your local championships announce cancellation, or if you are a meet director for an invitational and are officially cancelling please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with the information.
- Bergen County - On twitter the BCCA and BCWCA decided to postpone all Bergen County Tournaments for the fall 2020 season. Source (BCCA / BCWCA)
- Greater Middlesex Conference - GMC won't crown divisional champions or sponsor championships this fall. Source (mycentraljersey)
- Mercer County - Canceled, Colonial Valley still hoping to run conference. Source (nj.com)
- Morris County - No championships this fall, Morris County tournaments have been postponed until after January 1st, leaving the door open in case the cross country season is pushed past the fall season. Source (dailyrecord)
- Somerset County - Have postponed fall county championships for all sports, will remain flexible if season situation changes. Source (mycentraljersey)
- Hunterdon-Warren-Sussex- The Tri-County Tournaments for all fall sports have been canceled, accoridng to H-W-S President Bob Hopek