Monmouth University High School Invitational
Hosted by Monmouth University at the Ocean First Bank Center
Location: The Monmouth University High School Winter Invitational will be held at the Ocean First Bank Center at Monmouth University in West Long Branch, NJ (directions: www.monmouthhawks.com).
Teams Expected to Attend: High Schools from around the area.
Entry Fee: Individual entries or partial teams are $25 per person. Relays are $25 each. There will be a team cap at $300 per team. Mens and womens teams are considered separate (both teams = $600 total). Inside your team packets will be an invoice for entries which needs to be paid within two (2) weeks. Entry fees can also be paid in advance or the day of the meet. Make checks payable to Monmouth University. Send to Elissa Ingram c/o Athletics, Monmouth University, West Long Branch, NJ 07764.
Athlete Entries: Entries will close Wednesday, January 8, 2020 at 7PM on NJ Mile Split. Team are allowed to enter up to 4 individuals per running event, 3 individuals per field event and up to 2 relay teams. For the Weight Throw, this field will be capped at 20 participants. Please let us know Scratches ASAP so we can reseed if possible.
Scoring/Awards: This event will be Team Scored. First place team will receive an award with the top 3 in each event receiving medals. First place Relay Team will also receive a medal.
Results: Unofficial results will be posted in the Hall of Fame Area after each event during the meet. Full live official results will be put on-line at www.vipertiming.com.
Timing: We will use fully automatic times for all track events, provided by Viper Timing Co.
Locker Rooms/Showers/Warm-Up Area/Seating: Warm-ups on the track will be limited. A warm-up area will be available during the day in Boylan Gymnasium, located next to the track. The outdoor track will also be available for warm-ups. Locker rooms are also available upon request. Please bring your own towels & locks. Seating is available on the 3 rd Floor. We ask each team to please clean up their area after the meet.
As is the case at most indoor facilities, a lot of action is taking place in a small space. Please remind your athletes and spectators to be very aware of their surroundings throughout the course of warm-ups and the entire meet. Also please remind athletes of the NCAA rule prohibiting the use of headphones anywhere in the competition area.
Contact: For questions please contact Director of Track & Field, Mike Nelson (email@example.com) or Director of Operations, Elissa Ingram (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Track Events and Entry Information:
- 1/4 pyramid spikes or smaller are allowable. Please NO needle spikes on the indoor track.
- Please bring starting blocks for your sprinters we should have blocks available for all lanes, but you may use your own (small spikes only please).
- The 4x400m Mixed Relay will not be counted towards the Team Score.
- Implements will be weighed in before the competition at the event site from 9:00-10:15 AM.
- Field events will be seeded with the top performers competing in the last flight.
- The shot put circle and weight throw circle are portable wooden circles. The shot put will be in the OFBC, and the weight throw will be in Boylan Gym. All throwers will get three attempts. After the trials, the top 9 competitors in the shot put and weight throw will get three additional attempts in the finals. (Depending on field size, athletes in the weight throw may be only allowed 4 attempts.)
- Boylan Gym will have 1 section for warm-ups and 1 for weight throwers only.
- The competition will start promptly with the womens vaulters at 10:30AM, then follow immediately with the mens competition as soon as possible.
- At the conclusion of the Mens Pole Vault, Womens Long Jump will start a 20 minute timed warm up prior to start of the competition.
- All jumping events must be concluded before laned events can begin, so we will have 4 attempts per person in the long jump & triple jump.
- Opening heights - womens & mens high jump: 4-6 & 5-2; womens & mens pole vault: 7 & 9.
- No discussions yet. Be the first!