Question on Seedings
02/05/2019 2:00:18 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
I was wondering if seedings for the State Group Championships are based solely on the previous weeks Sectional results or does any sanctioned time run during the season count? Same goes for the Meet of Champions? Are seedings in the MOC based solely on the previous weeks group results or is any sanctioned time count?
I was wondering if seedings for the State Group Championships are based solely on the previous weeks Sectional results or does any sanctioned time run during the season count? Same goes for the Meet of Champions? Are seedings in the MOC based solely on the previous weeks group results or is any sanctioned time count?
02/05/2019 2:18:16 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@jennfam4 It is solely based on the state meet performances that got them there. The only changes that can occur I believe are for Group Championship winners, if they want the winner can improve their seed with a verified previous performance to help their seeding at the Meet of Champions. That's to help balance out if one Group winner had better competition to compete with over another Group. That must be done by sending into the NJSIAA about it by Noon on February 18th.
@jennfam4 It is solely based on the state meet performances that got them there. The only changes that can occur I believe are for Group Championship winners, if they want the winner can improve their seed with a verified previous performance to help their seeding at the Meet of Champions. That's to help balance out if one Group winner had better competition to compete with over another Group. That must be done by sending into the NJSIAA about it by Noon on February 18th.
02/05/2019 3:03:23 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Thanks for getting back to me. So one clarification. Lets say a runner ran the 1600 at the sectional meet at 4:20, but ran the group meet at 4:23 and qualified for the MOC. Would that runner be able to use the 4:20 sectional time or would they have to use the 4:23 group time? Let's assume they did not win the Group race but finished in the top 6?
Thanks for getting back to me. So one clarification. Lets say a runner ran the 1600 at the sectional meet at 4:20, but ran the group meet at 4:23 and qualified for the MOC. Would that runner be able to use the 4:20 sectional time or would they have to use the 4:23 group time? Let's assume they did not win the Group race but finished in the top 6?
02/05/2019 4:11:51 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@jennfam4 Just the winners can improve their seed from Groups. Everyone else keeps their Group Championship performance for MOCs.
@jennfam4 Just the winners can improve their seed from Groups. Everyone else keeps their Group Championship performance for MOCs.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.