Group Champs Predictions
11/05/2018 6:53:12 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
Let's hear everyone's predictions for individual and team champs for Groups. We can see if anyone beats the experts, Lambert, Kellert and Montferrat. You need to predict the individual and team winner for every group, boys and girls. Who will be champion of the Discussion Board? By the way, which expert was the winner for the sectionals?
Let's hear everyone's predictions for individual and team champs for Groups. We can see if anyone beats the experts, Lambert, Kellert and Montferrat. You need to predict the individual and team winner for every group, boys and girls. Who will be champion of the Discussion Board?

By the way, which expert was the winner for the sectionals?
11/06/2018 2:29:15 AM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@jschlentz I believe Lambo had the most correct from sectionals this year by 1. Our Groups predictions article will probably be out Thursday or the latest Friday morning. What a great weekend of Sectionals.
@jschlentz I believe Lambo had the most correct from sectionals this year by 1. Our Groups predictions article will probably be out Thursday or the latest Friday morning. What a great weekend of Sectionals.
11/08/2018 8:14:34 AM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Boys: G1 - Mountain Lakes - Cooper G2 - Haddonfield - Hart G3 - Mendham - Stanley G4 - Westfield - Peralta NPA - CBA - McHale NPB - B Eustace - Melko Girls G1 - Mountain Lakes - Chapeau G2 - Holmdel - Barney G3 - Mendham - Westley G4 - Ridgewood in an upset - Loveys NPA - Union Catholic - Lufrano NPB - Villa Walsh - Hanifan
Boys:
G1 - Mountain Lakes - Cooper
G2 - Haddonfield - Hart
G3 - Mendham - Stanley
G4 - Westfield - Peralta
NPA - CBA - McHale
NPB - B Eustace - Melko
Girls
G1 - Mountain Lakes - Chapeau
G2 - Holmdel - Barney
G3 - Mendham - Westley
G4 - Ridgewood in an upset - Loveys
NPA - Union Catholic - Lufrano
NPB - Villa Walsh - Hanifan
11/08/2018 11:48:08 AM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
Boys: G1 - Shore - Cooper G2 - Haddonfield - Hart G3 - Mendham - Murphy G4 - Westfield - Peralta NPA - CBA - McInerney NPB - Bish Eustace - Melko Girls: G1 - Mt Lakes - Vidal G2 - Holmdel - Stone G3 - Colts Neck - Westley G4 - North Hunterdon - Loveys NPA - Union Cath - Vanasse NPB - Trinity Hall - Hanifin
Boys:
G1 - Shore - Cooper
G2 - Haddonfield - Hart
G3 - Mendham - Murphy
G4 - Westfield - Peralta
NPA - CBA - McInerney
NPB - Bish Eustace - Melko

Girls:
G1 - Mt Lakes - Vidal
G2 - Holmdel - Stone
G3 - Colts Neck - Westley
G4 - North Hunterdon - Loveys
NPA - Union Cath - Vanasse
NPB - Trinity Hall - Hanifin
11/08/2018 12:54:33 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@jschlentz oops, forgot about Westley. Also, your girls run well at groups so I am expecting 2 losses in G3 girls. Hope to pick it up with my Ridgewood pick. Wasn't there, but 4 freshman and a sophomore putting up those times at Garrett! impressive.
@jschlentz oops, forgot about Westley. Also, your girls run well at groups so I am expecting 2 losses in G3 girls. Hope to pick it up with my Ridgewood pick. Wasn't there, but 4 freshman and a sophomore putting up those times at Garrett! impressive.
11/08/2018 1:16:05 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@Soranki I can only hope I am right. Good luck to your picks. :)
@Soranki
I can only hope I am right. Good luck to your picks. :)
11/10/2018 5:27:37 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@jschlentz WOW. The best expert got a 50. Its a good thing Haddonfield and CBA were there. A 16 would be embarrassing. The individual picks were ?. Milesplit could find better experts.
@jschlentz WOW. The best expert got a 50. Its a good thing Haddonfield and CBA were there. A 16 would be embarrassing. The individual picks were ?. Milesplit could find better experts.
11/10/2018 6:01:45 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@JerryNJ Seriously? Your posts are embarrassing. You need to stop. This is no way for you to behave. I am sorry that you cannot see that. Joe Lanzalotto
@JerryNJ Seriously? Your posts are embarrassing. You need to stop. This is no way for you to behave. I am sorry that you cannot see that.

Joe Lanzalotto
11/10/2018 6:05:07 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Great performances by all the runners today in blustery conditions. For the record, the guys at NJ Miles Split do a terrific job covering high school cross country. Their enthusiasm is contagious.
Great performances by all the runners today in blustery conditions. For the record, the guys at NJ Miles Split do a terrific job covering high school cross country. Their enthusiasm is contagious.
11/10/2018 6:51:32 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@jlanza I guess you are one of the experts
@jlanza I guess you are one of the experts
11/10/2018 6:55:26 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@JerryNJ I think you said idiots. Yes, I am one of the idiots who dares to have some fun being interested in this sport. I loved today as I always do and as all should. I haven no problem being an idiot. I do my best with this stuff and know that it is all in fun and hardly earth shattering to be wrong. Congrats to your team, JennFam. Magnificent performance, it really was.
@JerryNJ I think you said idiots. Yes, I am one of the idiots who dares to have some fun being interested in this sport. I loved today as I always do and as all should.

I haven no problem being an idiot. I do my best with this stuff and know that it is all in fun and hardly earth shattering to be wrong.

Congrats to your team, JennFam. Magnificent performance, it really was.
11/10/2018 7:50:31 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@RKNJ just curious what the holdup is for the team wild cards. Now that the merge is complete, simply eliminating the qualifiers and picking out the top 8 should give you the wild cards.
@RKNJ just curious what the holdup is for the team wild cards. Now that the merge is complete, simply eliminating the qualifiers and picking out the top 8 should give you the wild cards.
11/10/2018 8:07:19 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
Well after spending a full day promoting and covering the sport with my coverage team in a positive way this was a great comment to come home and see. Great work Jerry McCann, what an example to continue to set. And @Soranki its in the NJSIAA's hands now, they want to make sure everything is correct before releasing which is understandable. They are putting together the individuals as well. I've already submitted the team results and advancers I found through the merge to be looked over and finalized. They decide who officially advances. @jennfam4 thank you, nice meeting today. Awesome job by the squad.
Well after spending a full day promoting and covering the sport with my coverage team in a positive way this was a great comment to come home and see. Great work Jerry McCann, what an example to continue to set.

And @Soranki its in the NJSIAA's hands now, they want to make sure everything is correct before releasing which is understandable. They are putting together the individuals as well. I've already submitted the team results and advancers I found through the merge to be looked over and finalized. They decide who officially advances.

@jennfam4 thank you, nice meeting today. Awesome job by the squad.
11/10/2018 8:27:47 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@RKNJ Thank you! And I echo @jennfan4. Great job and getting better every year.
@RKNJ Thank you! And I echo @jennfan4. Great job and getting better every year.
11/12/2018 8:43:46 AM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@JerryNJ I guess it is much easier to put down the “experts” then to actually try to choose them yourself. Interesting that you did not put your picks down in this discussion before the race as others did. Then, of course, you wouldn’t have been able to make fun of the experts.
@JerryNJ
I guess it is much easier to put down the "experts" then to actually try to choose them yourself. Interesting that you did not put your picks down in this discussion before the race as others did. Then, of course, you wouldn't have been able to make fun of the experts.
11/12/2018 9:30:51 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@jschlentz You see I did. I sent them directly to Robert Kellert. You should also not judge me without knowing all of the facts. St. Peter's has still not run its #5 runner because of injury. He will be running this Saturday. I picked St. Peter's #11. I was wrong. It should have been #9.
@jschlentz You see I did. I sent them directly to Robert Kellert. You should also not judge me without knowing all of the facts. St. Peter's has still not run its #5 runner because of injury. He will be running this Saturday. I picked St. Peter's #11. I was wrong. It should have been #9.
11/12/2018 10:10:11 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@JerryNJ I was also wrong on North Hunterdon that should have been #12. I was wrong on Cherry Hill that should have been #13. I was also wrong on Ocean City that should have been #21. I was totally wrong on Voorhees who ran a great race at #11 that I said should not be in the top 20. I was wrong. Only one of my teams failed to make the Meet of Champions. The experts got two wrong who failed to make the Meet of Champions that they said should be in the top 10 as well as five teams that they considered to be in the top 10 but failed to receive enough to make it. Bernards was #38, Scotch Plains was #33, Ocean City was #21, Ridgewood was #20, and Ridge was #19. All five of these teams failed to make the Meet of Champions. My top ten did not include Princeton and St. Peter's. Their top 10 had three teams that should not have been there. It was easy for us all to pick the top 7. There are 11 experts but seven were totally off with Scotch Plains as well as 7 wrong on Ridgewood. Some of them could have been wrong twice. Cherry Hill received 6 votes that were wrong. Princeton received 5 votes and St. Peter's received 2 votes and those experts were right. North Hunterdon received 31 votes from probably every expert in their votes of 8th place.
@JerryNJ I was also wrong on North Hunterdon that should have been #12. I was wrong on Cherry Hill that should have been #13. I was also wrong on Ocean City that should have been #21. I was totally wrong on Voorhees who ran a great race at #11 that I said should not be in the top 20. I was wrong. Only one of my teams failed to make the Meet of Champions. The experts got two wrong who failed to make the Meet of Champions that they said should be in the top 10 as well as five teams that they considered to be in the top 10 but failed to receive enough to make it. Bernards was #38, Scotch Plains was #33, Ocean City was #21, Ridgewood was #20, and Ridge was #19. All five of these teams failed to make the Meet of Champions. My top ten did not include Princeton and St. Peter's. Their top 10 had three teams that should not have been there. It was easy for us all to pick the top 7. There are 11 experts but seven were totally off with Scotch Plains as well as 7 wrong on Ridgewood. Some of them could have been wrong twice. Cherry Hill received 6 votes that were wrong. Princeton received 5 votes and St. Peter's received 2 votes and those experts were right. North Hunterdon received 31 votes from probably every expert in their votes of 8th place.
11/12/2018 10:24:38 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Finally I did not make fun of the experts. I merely said that they were not experts. When you analyze statistics, you should take your time looking for possible anomalies like running your JV team instead of the varsity, sitting out runners and well as the possibility of injuries. At the end of the season, these missing runners are no longer a factor. You are running your best team except for maybe CBA. The only statistic that counts is this Saturday. Guessing is not the trait of an expert nor is favoritism. Be an expert by acting like one. For the thousands of student-athletes who actually believe that the experts are correct, they should put more effort in getting it right or eliminate themselves from that category. I didn't name them experts. Milesplit did. You have hundreds of coaches who would better fit this title. Sideline coaches should not be factors.
Finally I did not make fun of the experts. I merely said that they were not experts. When you analyze statistics, you should take your time looking for possible anomalies like running your JV team instead of the varsity, sitting out runners and well as the possibility of injuries. At the end of the season, these missing runners are no longer a factor. You are running your best team except for maybe CBA. The only statistic that counts is this Saturday. Guessing is not the trait of an expert nor is favoritism. Be an expert by acting like one. For the thousands of student-athletes who actually believe that the experts are correct, they should put more effort in getting it right or eliminate themselves from that category. I didn't name them experts. Milesplit did. You have hundreds of coaches who would better fit this title. Sideline coaches should not be factors.
11/12/2018 10:35:59 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
By the way, even Colts Neck beat Bernards and Scotch Plains. Two coaches listened to your suggestion to vote so please don't judge my actions. You can get my email from Robert if he chooses to send you a copy. In your picks you received a 50 on the teams and a 16 on the individual winners. I hope you were not one of the experts.
By the way, even Colts Neck beat Bernards and Scotch Plains. Two coaches listened to your suggestion to vote so please don't judge my actions. You can get my email from Robert if he chooses to send you a copy. In your picks you received a 50 on the teams and a 16 on the individual winners. I hope you were not one of the experts.
11/12/2018 12:13:53 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
I think you were entirely inappropriate toward the panel of poll voters, in the previous deleted thread. Stating your own made up conspiracy of favoritism that started because a team you didn't like was selected for the top ten and they ended up running really well at Groups. I have no interest in posting your teams. And keep inappropriate behavior off the boards in the future please. I expect better from a coach. So much positivity for your team with their performace on the course this season and you're on here setting a terrible example off of it. Just leave it go.
I think you were entirely inappropriate toward the panel of poll voters, in the previous deleted thread. Stating your own made up conspiracy of favoritism that started because a team you didn't like was selected for the top ten and they ended up running really well at Groups. I have no interest in posting your teams. And keep inappropriate behavior off the boards in the future please. I expect better from a coach. So much positivity for your team with their performace on the course this season and you're on here setting a terrible example off of it. Just leave it go.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.