The NJSIAA has released their regulations for the spring track and field season and there are notable changes ranging from Non-Public advancement to the Meet of Champions location.
The full regulations are linked below along with a help guide for online registration. We've picked out some of the more interesting information but for an in-depth look make sure to read through the official packet.
- April 1: First day of practice
- April 19: First day of competition
- June 4-5: Sectional Championships
- June 11-12: Group Championships
- June 19: Meet of Champions
- June 20: Regular season competition ends.
Meet of Champions Now At South Plainfield
Due to restrictions and COVID-19 safety concerns with outside parties on campus the NJSIAA has made a venue change to this spring's Meet of Champions and Rutgers University will no longer be hosting in 2021.
Pilot Program For Non-Public Advancement
[This portion of the article was updated March 21st after the NJSIAA's revision to original plans.]
NJSIAA's Revised Non-Public Plans
- We will have the North and South, A & B, Boys & Girls compete "head to head" like a "normal" group meet. A Non-Public A and Non-Public B Championship rather than by Sectional.
- We will score the group meet first, award medals to the top 6 in each event. The top THREE in each event for each Group will auto advance just like the Public locations. Then we go to the nine wild cards from the location merge.
- We will crown 4 Group Team Champions (Non-Public A Boys, Non-Public A Girls, Non-Public B Boys, Non-Public B Girls.
- We will then score the Sectional meet based on the performance from the Group meet.
- We will award medals to the top 6 scorers in each event from the pulled sectional results.
- We will crown 8 Sectional Team Champions based on those results.
NJSIAA Meet Locations, Dates, Start Times
*Central Groups 1 & 4 updated listing at Long Branch*
- June 4th - 5th
- Friday 2:30pm, Saturday 9:30am
- North 1 Group 1 & 4 - Clifton HS
- North 1 Group 2 & 3 - Wayne Hills HS
- North 2 Groups 1 & 4 - Ridge HS
- North 2 Groups 2 & 3 - Middletown North HS
- Central Groups 1 & 4 - Long Branch HS
- Central Groups 2 & 3 - Jackson Liberty HS
- South Groups 1 & 4 - Washington Twp HS
- South Groups 2 & 3 - Delsea Regional HS
- June 11th - 12th
- Friday 2:30pm, Saturday 10am
- Groups 2 & 4 - Franklin Twp HS
- Groups 1 & 3 - Pennsauken HS
- *Non-Public A & B* - Neptune HS
Meet of Champions
- June 19th
- South Plainfield
- 12pm for field events
- 1pm for track events