The Shore Running Experience wanted to share information on their free virtual running camp which will run from August 3rd through 6th. Their information and links below.
"Campers will get a full camp experience without having to come to campus. You will get quality time with some of the best distance runners in the country. A veteran group of coach and counselors will provide virtual instruction to you throughout a daily schedule. Campers will have an opportunity to gain vast knowledge first hand on what it takes to be successful in the sport, and also to display your talents as a student-athlete."
- Log-in information for Zoom or other platforms will be sent to all registered campers and coaches.
- Question and answer sessions and tips from Olympians and elite professionals.
- Guidance on training and racing for cross country, road racing, and track events from 800 to 5K.
- Help with goal-setting and mental training for optimal results and positive progress.
- Advice on being a great teammate and the keys to leadership on high school and college teams.
- Step-by-step guidance on an active warm-up and drills to prepare for quality workouts and races.
- Expert advice on choosing the right shoes for training and racing.
- Unique team-building opportunities for teams as well as high school coaches.
- Interaction with a team of college counselors who will share the inside story of being a student-athlete.
- Tips on strength training, pool running and other cross-training methods.
- Information on the college choice process and how to get recruited to compete at the next level.
- Other special offers from our sponsors and partners, Runner's High, Under Armour and Elliptigo.
- * Camp is free, but for a donation of $20 or more, a custom Under Armour Shore Running Experience 2020 camp shirt delivered to your house or picked up at Runner's High.
- * All net proceeds from your donations go to Fulfill, the Food Bank of Monmouth & Ocean Counties.
Our guest speakers include…Olympian Vicki Huber Rudawsky
Team USA member & 3:51 miler Will Leer.
Other speakers and sessions will be announced soon on twitter @shorerunningxc and Instagram @shorerunningexperience.
Joe Compagni -- email@example.com or 908-616-0119
Rob DeFilippis -- firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Upcoming Events:
NJ International Track & Field Virtual Meet -- July 17-19 -- events & info. at www.shoreac.org
Monmouth Mile -- July 31-August 2 -- monmouthmile.com
Asbury Park/Sheehan Virtual 5K -- August 7-9 -- see www.shoreac.org