Showcase events started popping up at the indoor NJSIAA Meet of Champions in 2015 and have proved to be an exciting addition to the meet. These are events not normally held at the Sectional and Group levels indoors including the 4x800m, 200m, long jump, and the newest addition the triple jump.
Entries for the NJSIAA Meet of Champions Showcase events close on March 3rd at NOON.
The 4x800m and 200m showcase events have been held indoors for a few years now with the 200m joining the meet in 2015 and the 4x800m in 2017. Last year the long jump proved to be a great extension of the Showcase schedule and this year with the move to Ocean Breeze and their infield sand pits the NJSIAA was also able to add the triple jump to the mix.
You can see past winners in these events below.
Acceptance to the Showcase
The top 24 boys and girls performances entered in each of these events are accepted into the Showcase, that means if you are ranked 25th in the state and if one of the 24 performances ahead of you does not enter you are heading to the showcase. Coaches with athletes on the bubble that would like to compete should definitely enter in this case!
Being entered is a declaration that you are going if accepted, if you do not plan on competing please remove your entry. After the meet closes the NJSIAA will look over the entries and release an official acceptance list on NJ MileSplit.
Note that any long or triple jump athletes looking for last minute seeds the NJSIAA is hosting a Last Chance meet on March 2nd.
How to Enter the Showcase
You can enter on the NJSIAA Meet of Champions meet page, this registration is only for Showcase events. Everyone else who advances from Groups is automatically advanced by the NJSIAA offline. All seeds for the showcase events are verified (F.A.T. only 200m) and pulled from our database.
State Rankings in Showcase Events
- Boys 200m Rankings
- Girls 200m Rankings
- Boys 4x800m Rankings
- Girls 4x800m Rankings
- Boys Long Jump Rankings
- Girls Long Jump Rankings
- Boys Triple Jump Rankings
- Girls Triple Jump Rankings
Past Winners Indoor Showcase Events
Boys 4x800m Showcase
- 2019 - Ridge - 7:56.49
- 2018 - Hopewell Valley - 7:57.34
- 2017 - Hopewell Valley - 8:02.72
Girls 4x800m Showcase
- 2019 - Ridge - 9:18.64
- 2018 - Ridge - 9:17.78
- 2017 - Ridge - 9:14.47
Boys 200m Showcase
- 2019 - Mario Heslop - Franklin - 21.82
- 2018 - Mario Heslop - Frankln - 21.75
- 2017 - Martin Booker Jr - Pennsauken - 22.21
- 2016 - Thomas Kalieta Jr - Matawan - 22.41
- 2015 - Sterling Pierce - Rancocas Valley - 22.20
Girls 200m Showcase
- 2019 - Shauntae Nelson - Piscataway - 25.03
- 2018 - Shauntae Nelson - Piscataway - 25.13
- 2017 - Aliyah Taylor - Rancocas Valley - 24.94
- 2016 - Kiara Lester - Deptford - 24.96
- 2015 - Kiara Lester - Deptford - 25.18
Boys Long Jump Showcase
- 2019 - Nils Wildberg - Princeton 23-04
Girls Long Jump Showcase
- 2019 - Nakaja Weaver - North Brunswick - 18-07.5