Manon Stephen led a Ridge theam that moved from NJ#7 to NJ#3 this week.
These were created by polling 12 different cross country minded individuals from around New Jersey including reporters, coaches, and others connected to the sport.
If you view the above links on a mobile device, view horizontally so you can read the commentary.
Top Ten Notes by Pat Montferrat
I have always referred to the Shore Coaches XC Invitational as the "Midterms", mostly because you usually come away from that meet with some lessons to take through the rest of the season. This year's edition was one of the best in a few years and there was a lot to take away from it.
- The Boys Top Ten shook itself out post SCI with only two teams maintaining their places from last week, and one returning to the Top Ten for the first time in 3 weeks.
- From the merged results of SCI, once again Group 4 is proving itself to be dominant with 6 of this week's Top Ten.
- There were no individual winners at SCI from among the Top Ten. There were 3 second place finishes.
- Ridgewood's team average (19:14) ranks among the fastest ever single race average times ever at Holmdel.
- As with the Boys, Group 4 holds the edge in Group domination with four school in the Top Ten, with Group 2 placing three teams in the rankings
- As a general note, girls teams this year seem to be weaker at the 5th runner spot, making for bigger 1-5 split times. This can also be due to the number of top girls running fast times at the front of races.
- There were 10 sub-19 min performances at SCI. Five of them run by sophomores. Should make for excitement at Holmdel this November and for the future.
- Week 4 Results, Highlights, Media
- Week 3 Results, Highlights, Media
- Week 2 Results, Highlights, Media
- Week 1 Results, Highlights, Media