Another exciting season of cross country is upon us! Here are the opening weekend high meets on slate for New Jersey XC. Each meet page has meet information and more and be sure to check back for results and coverage.
Weekend at a Glance
- Jack Jennings along with his NJ No.5 ranked Mendham squad open up their season at the PTXC meet this Saturday in Pennsylvania. Last year Mendham had a solid runner up finish to Loudoun Valley. Jennings was 20th in that race as a junior with a 16:32. Caroline Mehlhorn returns to PTXC as well, she won the Blue Division race in 2018 with a 19:01.
- Victoria Vanriele of Governor Livingston will attempt to win four straight years at the Cherokee Challenge. She's come home with the grade level win from freshman year to last year as a junior.
- Four boys teams and two girls teams in the top ten open at Cherokee Challenge with RBC #6 and WWP South #8 representing the girls, and Westfield #2, Cherokee #3, WWPSouth #6, and WWPNorth #10 for the boys.
- The NJ No. 1 Ridgewood girls open their season during the appropriately named Season Opener at Darlington Park.
- At the Roxbury Invitational Voorhees' Emma McGill returns after a third place finish in the Fastest 4 Division. Defending winner Julia Trethaway not entered.
- NJ No.5 Mendham girls see action at the Roxbury Invite along with No.10 Voorhees and the boys of North Hunterdon currently ranked NJ No.7.
- Being listed as a top ten team in action does not mean they will be full strength with their varsity squads.
- If you have items to keep an eye out for in future weeks reach out on social media or at email@example.com. If you have highlights from this weekend's action including videos or pictures send them in as well for recaps, cover photos, and other postings.
Week 1 Schedule
Expect coverage from the Cherokee Challenge and Roxbury Invitational. Both will have photos and interviews. Cherokee will have multi-view race videos for every race. We'll also have out of state coverage from the PTXC meet in Kutztown. Every invitational will have a recap with New Jersey highlights.
PTXC 11 (PA)